The diode laser, with its focused light, is a technology that allows for the removal of even fine and low-pigment hair. With its 3 wavelengths, which simultaneously target the skin and hair, the technology is suitable for all skin and hair types. The treatment can be performed at any time of the year.
Here, you will find important information and answers on the topic:
- 1. How is it possible to achieve permanent hair removal?
- 2. What should I consider before choosing a facility?
- 3. How many sessions do I need, and at what intervals?
- 4. What do I feel during the treatment?
- 5. Comparison of our Technologies
- 6. What is the procedure for a treatment?
- 7. How can I schedule an appointment?
- 8. What else do I need to consider?
- 9. Treatment Images
- Pictures Treatment Woman
- Pictures Treatment Man
- 10. Price Comparison: Waxing, Sugaring, Shaving, and Laser
1. How is it possible to achieve permanent hair removal?
When the hair is in the anagen phase (growth phase), the light, which is converted into heat by melanin (the pigment found in skin, hair, and eyes), is transported to the hair follicle and heats the protein there. This protein begins to coagulate due to the heating, effectively blocking the hair’s nutrient supply, preventing it from regrowing. All technologies for permanent hair removal work on this principle.
The diode laser works similarly to the SHR pulsed light and is also an “In-Motion” technology. Here, the light is focused but more centralized, with the light source being a so-called “monochromatic light,” near the infrared range. Because this light is more focused, the energy is concentrated more on the hair. Our diode laser has 3 combined wavelengths, allowing it to target even deeper hair roots. It works on 3 different layers of the skin. Due to the centralized light, it can also reach blonde, gray, or even white hairs with very little melanin.
2. What should I consider before choosing a facility?
Make sure that the facility you choose has trained staff in anatomy, equipment, and lasers. This is usually evident from certificates displayed on the premises. In case of doubt, ask them to show you these training certificates. The new V-NISSG legislation states that as of June 2024, an official certificate of expertise in hair removal using IPL/SHR or lasers must be obtained. Otherwise, the person is not allowed to perform the treatment. You can verify the individuals performing the treatment by checking their certification here:
For your safety, it is very important that the treating studio employs at least one person who has completed training as a Laser Safety Officer according to SUVA standards in Switzerland. This person ensures that all guidelines for handling the various lasers are followed. In the case of multiple employees, there should be a safety officer. The devices should be tested and maintained in Switzerland; feel free to ask for confirmation if in doubt.
Before the treatment, you should be informed about the exact procedures. It is also important that all medical questions are answered. Ensure that the provider has an insurance partner and what that partner covers for any potential damages.
3. How many sessions do I need, and at what intervals?
Only hairs in the anagen phase respond to the treatment. The anagen phase means that the hair is connected to the hair follicle, allowing the energy to reach the papilla where the protein is to be coagulated. This anagen phase determines the treatment intervals because it typically renews every 4-6 weeks.
Since during the treatment only about 5% – 20% of hairs are in this phase, multiple sessions are required. Our average customer with the diode laser undergoes 6 – 10 treatments per body area. The success of the treatment depends on numerous biological factors and can, therefore, vary. We kindly request that you accept and adhere to our appointment suggestions in the calculated intervals. Otherwise, the success of your treatment may be delayed.
In accordance with the biological hair growth phase, sessions are initially scheduled at intervals of at least 4 – 6 weeks. This interval may be extended towards the end depending on progress.
4. What do I feel during the treatment?
During treatment with a diode laser, deep-seated warmth is generated. A so-called heat buildup under the skin is intended. You will likely feel a pleasant warmth in the treated area. You may also feel a slight tingling sensation under the skin. Depending on the thickness and amount of hair, the tingling and warmth may be more or less pronounced.
5. Comparison of our Technologies
As a reference, we have created a brief overview of our technologies for you.
Please note that for your first booking, you should always include a free consultation. Regardless, you will be informed, advised, and medically assessed on-site before your first treatment.
6. What is the procedure for a treatment?
After a warm welcome at the respective location, you will receive a consultation and be asked to answer medical questions. The forms will be filled out, and once you are cleared for treatment following a visual skin and hair analysis, you will be asked to prepare the area to be treated.
You can then comfortably recline on our adjustable table, and the treatment can begin. If the area is not clean, we will take care of it. If the area is not well-shaved, we will make any necessary adjustments.
You will receive laser safety goggles according to SUVA standards, which you must not remove during the session under any circumstances. We also wear laser safety goggles during treatments.
Ultrasound gel will be applied, and the laser will be started. During the first session, the appropriate settings will be individually determined based on test shots. Once the optimal setting is established, we will glide the handpiece over the treatment area, continually monitoring your skin. This monitoring is essential to ensure that your tissue is heated, and the treatment is carried out successfully and correctly. After wiping off the gel, we can apply lotion or sunscreen to the treated area upon request. You can then get dressed and find a new suitable appointment with us. It’s that simple!
7. How can I schedule an appointment?
We offer the right time slots for every need. You can easily and conveniently book an appointment online through our online booking system. Alternatively, if you have any questions, we are happy to answer them via email or over the phone. In any case, we also have a corresponding messenger on every portal through which you can contact us.
Feel free to reach out to us. If you are unable to attend your booked appointment, please cancel it at least 24 hours in advance. Since we do not accept walk-in clients, these gaps can rarely be filled. Thank you for your understanding.
8. What else do I need to consider?
Every person responds individually to hair removal treatments. Changes in the body’s hormones can affect the results.
- Please shave the treated area cleanly within 24 hours before the session, as every millimeter above the skin’s surface absorbs energy that is lost at the hair follicle.
- Avoid applying makeup before facial treatments, if possible.
- Avoid using deodorant containing aluminum, if possible.
- Permanent hair removal is possible year-round. Do not use self-tanners during the treatment period.
- Minor redness may occur but usually disappears after a few minutes.
- During your consultation, you will receive an information sheet listing all the important points to consider.
- Refresh: If you have completed your therapy with the desired results, a so-called “refresh” may be necessary when new hairs start to grow again. This is very individual and may require one or even two sessions to remove newly formed hairs. It is highly unlikely that you will return to the initial hair quantity and structure.
9. Treatment Images
Pictures Treatment Woman
Pictures Treatment Man
10. Price Comparison: Waxing, Sugaring, Shaving, and Laser
If you are uncertain, book an informal, free consultation.